Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Umberto's Pizzeria

Address:
361 Nassau Boulevard, Garden City South, NY 11530

Website:
http://umbertosgc.com/

Umberto's is a small pizzeria on Nassau Boulevard located near Adelphi University. The place is a mini version of my favorite Italian restaurant, the original Umberto's of New Hyde Park. It has the same ownership and the same food. Perhaps this one doesn't sell as many entrees, but the pizza is still great.

The famous sicilian and grandma slices were at the front of the counter when I walked in, but after hearing about the buffalo chicken slice from an inside source, I had to try it.

The service was great and the eating area was spotless, similar to the original Umberto's. But I was still wondering if the food would have the same quality.






Popular Slice: Buffalo chicken

Price: $3.50 w/ tax

The chicken was spicy and extremely tasty but the amount was average at best. The crust was good as well. My only problem was the overload of cheese and small amount of chicken. Taste wise, it was good.

My Rating: 8.5/10

The slice was definitely of quality but I advise taking the extra time to travel over to the original Umberto's on Jericho Turnpike.


No comments:

Post a Comment